Types of Information We Collect
- Personal Information: Personal information is information to specifically identify an individual, such as a customer’s name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card or other account numbers, and information about that individual’s activities when directly linked to that person such as information about his or her purchases. Personal information also includes demographic information, such as date of birth, gender, geographic area, and preferences, when such information is linked to other personal information that identifies the individual.
- Aggregate Information: Personal information does not include “aggregate” information. Aggregate information is data we collect about a group or category of products, services or customers, from which individual customer identities have been removed. In other words, information about how you use a service might be collected and combined with information about how others use the same service, but no personal information will be included in the resulting data. Likewise, information about the products you purchase might be collected and combined with information about the products purchased by others. Aggregate data helps us understand trends and customer needs so that we can better consider new products and services, and tailor existing products and services to customer desires. We might share aggregate information about our users with third parties for various purposes, such as helping us better understand and improve our services, and for advertising and marketing purposes.
How We Collect and Use Personal Information
Mangia DC collects personal information from you at several different points on our Website, as set forth below. In general, we use personal information for the purpose for which it was collected (such as to provide services or complete transactions you have requested, for billing purposes, and to anticipate and resolve problems with our Website and our products and services), for our own internal business operations, to respond to customer support inquiries and for other purposes as described below. Registration, Purchases; Other Information Submissions.
- Information you provide during your purchase might be used for some or all of the following: – to provide services you have requested, or to otherwise fulfill your request; and – to contact you from time to time (i) about services on our Website for which you have expressed interest; (ii) with news, (iii) for internal marketing, informational, and promotional purposes; or (iv) for any other lawful purpose related to your use of the Website.
- We collect personal information such as your credit card, credit card billing address, and related billing information if you purchase products or services on our Website. We use this information to fulfill your orders and bill you for them. All financial information that is collected is held in strict confidence and solely used for the purpose of processing a transaction you have requested. This information is not shared or displayed publicly.
- Any information that is not personally identifiable information but is publicly displayed on the Website (such as user name and photos) might appear in the results of searches conducted on Internet search engines while you are a member of the Website and potentially for some time period after your membership is terminated, depending upon the search engine’s indexing practices.
- Authorized service providers. We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services include fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, delivering packages, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our website functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our Website. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes. We require all of our service providers to comply with the safeguards described in this policy.
Ticket Purchasing & Event Providers
When Mangia DC wishes to present an event, it provides details about the event, including the quantities and prices of the tickets. Mangia DC charges the customer’s credit card for the ticket price. In addition, when you buy tickets, sell tickets, or bid in an auction (or try to do these things) you are acquiring tickets and services from, or using tickets and services provided by Mangia DC, the event providers. Mangia DC communicates personal information to event providers using secure connections. Mangia DC collects and uses your information for the purposes of providing group events or ticketing related services for you. Mangia DC may use your information to issue a ticket, provide you with important event-related communications, such as a notice if there is a cancellation or change in the timing of the event, provide you with assistance if you lose your tickets and for other such ticketing related purposes. Mangia DC collects the information needed to provide you with these important notices and to address customer service problems, including at the venue’s will call/box office window on the night of the event. In addition, if you have provided your express consent during the purchase process, the event provider may contact you regarding future events and special offers. Event providers are subject to applicable privacy legislation respecting the protection of personal information in the private sector. The event providers are required to comply with their obligations under laws applicable to their operations, including privacy legislation. If you do not want to receive any further communications from Mangia DC, or if you have other questions, you should contact email@example.com.
As a Mangia DC member, you will receive our transactional business communications (e.g. e-mail address confirmation, administrative messages, etc.) at your e-mail address or street address. We might also send such communications to you through a Message Center. In addition, you might be automatically enrolled in one or more of our e-mail subscription programs. While we reserve the right to send you our transactional business communications without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them, we do provide you with the opportunity to select whether or not you wish to continue to receive our subscription-based e-mails. You will also be given the opportunity to select whether to receive promotional offerings, such as renewal notifications and new product offerings.
E-mail and Newsletters
When you submit your e-mail address to us to initiate a subscription to one of our newsletters or alerts, we ask for personal information such as your name and e-mail address. This personal information is only used to send you the newsletter(s) and alert(s) you have requested. You might opt-out of such follow-up contacts by following the instructions in the newsletter. Please also note that we use a “double opt-in” process to confirm your subscription to our newsletters. When you initiate a subscription to one of our e-mail newsletters, we send a confirmation e-mail message to the e-mail address. We only subscribe your e-mail address to the newsletter after you follow the steps in the confirmation e-mail message. We do not use a double opt-in confirmation process for alerts.
Invite a Friend via Email
When you elect to use our referral service for e-mailing a recipe or other content to a friend, we ask you for your friend’s name and e-mail address. Mangia DC will automatically send your friend a one-time e-mail on your behalf which contains the recipe or other content, and which invites your friend to visit the Web site. Mangia DC uses your friend’s name and e-mail address only to send this one-time e-mail, and does not store this information. If your friend does not wish to receive “e-mail-a-friend” messages to be sent on your behalf, he or she must contact you directly. Mangia DC users may not use our referral service to send unwanted spam to others.
Contests, Promotions, Offers, and Surveys
From time to time our Website requests personal information from users via contests, promotions, offers, and surveys. Participation in these contests, promotions, offers, and surveys is completely voluntary and you, therefore, may choose whether to disclose personal information in connection with these activities. Personal Information requested in these activities might include contact information (e.g., your name and shipping address) and demographic information (e.g., your zip code/postal code or age level). We use this information to notify you if you’ve won and to award prizes. We use the information we collect in surveys for internal purposes, such as to ascertain the use of this Web site and improve its usefulness to you. We might also provide third parties with this information, and might combine it with some or all of your registration information. Third parties might use the information we provide them to contact you regarding products or services of interest to you. These disclosures are discussed in greater detail below in the “Disclosure of Personal Information” section. When we provide information collected during a contest, promotion, offer, or survey on the Web site to third parties, we always disclose this to you at the time of collection.
We collect personal information when you submit comments, questions or suggestions to our customer service department. We use the information you provide to respond to your submission and use the ideas to make site improvements.
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Log Files
- Web Beacons: We use, and permit third parties to use, “Web beacons” (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags, single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, invisible GIFs, 1-by-1 GIFs, and Web bugs) on our Website and in our e-mail newsletters, to monitor the effectiveness of advertising and for other lawful purposes. These Web beacons do not collect personally identifying information about you on our Website.
- Log Files: We track log files on our Website (i.e., we log your computer’s IP address into our log files when you visit a page on our Website) and use them to analyze trends, administer the Website, track your movements on the Website, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. We might link some or all of this information to personally identifiable information that is stored on a cookie in your computer. We only use information gathered from these activities for our internal marketing and operational purposes.
Disclosure of Personal Information
- Consent: With your consent, we might disclose your personal information to third parties in order to provide you with products and services that you have requested. With your consent, we might disclose information you provide to us during registration to third parties in conjunction with (i) your entry into a contest or promotion, (ii) your request of an offer, or (iii) your participation in a survey or similar activity on the Web site. You might be asked for additional information in order to enter the contest or promotion, request an offer, or participate in a survey. The third parties will use the information we provide to them, along with any information you provide during your entry, request, or participation, in order to (i) notify you if you have won a prize in a contest or sweepstakes, and (ii) to fulfill, or facilitate fulfillment of, requests for products or services you may make in connection with your entry, request, or participation. These third parties are contractually obligated to keep all such information confidential and to only use it for the purposes for which it was provided. When we provide information collected during a contest, promotion, offer, or survey on the Website to third parties, we always disclose this to you at the time of collection
- Mangia DC’s Own Business Purposes: We use and disclose information about you for our own internal statistical, design, or operational purposes, such as to estimate our audience size, measure aggregate traffic patterns, and understand demographic, user interest, purchasing and other trends among our users. We might outsource these tasks and disclose personal information about you to third parties, provided the use and disclosure of your personal information by these third parties is restricted to the performance of such tasks. We might also share personal information with third-party vendors who assist us in performing internal functions necessary to operate our business. We require our third-party vendors to keep such information confidential and to only use the information for the purpose it was provided.
- Business Transfers: Information about our users, including personal information, might be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of company assets, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which personally identifiable information could be transferred to third parties as one of the business assets of the company.
We do not intend, and the Website is not designed, to collect personal information from children under the age of 18. If you are under 18 years old, you should not register for our services or otherwise provide information on our Website and should ask your parent to do so for you.
Third-Party Website Advertising – General
We use reasonable security measures to store and maintain personally identifying information so as to protect it from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction by unauthorized parties while it is under our control. We use secure socket layer (“SSL”) encryption when transmitting certain kinds of information, such as payment information, over the Internet.
Correcting/Updating Personal Information
We give you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving commercial e-mail from us by following the opt-out instructions provided in the message. Even if you opt-out in this manner, however, you will still receive account-related and non-commercial messages from us. To get placed on our “DO NOT E-MAIL” list, send a request to info@MangiaDC.com. If your e-mail address is added to the “DO NOT E-MAIL” list, you will not receive any newsletters or other opt-in e-mail messages. Please note, however, that your e-mail address being placed on the “DO NOT E-MAIL” list does not prevent you from receiving “friend invite” e-mail messages, or email messages from third-parties from which you requested information, products, or services from during or immediately after registration. To opt-out from messages from these third parties, or from any other communications that you receive directly from third parties, you must contact them directly in order to opt-out.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not provide your personal information to any third party for their direct marketing purposes without your consent. If, having provided your consent, you would like to revoke your consent to future disclosure of your personal information to third parties, send a request to info@Mangia DC.com with “California Opt-Out” in the subject line. Please note that this opt-out will not prevent the use of information that has already been disclosed to third parties with your consent and you should contact them directly to opt-out from such communications. If you would like more information with respect to your privacy rights under California law, you may contact us at info@Mangia DC.com. Please indicate such a request by placing “California Disclosure Information” in the subject line.
How to Contact Us
Mangia DC Food Tours
3430 Connecticut Ave, NW
Washington DC 20009
Policy Last Updated: August 1st, 2020